Production Team Leader (3rd Shift) Job
Date: Oct 9, 2013
Location: Mahwah, NJ, US
|Job Title:||Production Team Leader (3rd Shift)|
|Business Unit:||North America|
|Business Function:||Operations Management|
|Business Sub Function:||Business Unit Management|
|Job Description:||Responsible for direct supervision of non-exempt staff. Will be responsible for the successful performance of the team with regard to business metrics as they are affected by the non-exempt staff.|
- Direct non-exempt team members, across all shifts, toward achieving daily production goals. Track daily performance and provide timely feedback to the team.
- Actively lead operations processes to ensure all products meet/exceed established quality standards (e.g., cGMPs).
- Drive compliance to FDA, ISO and Company requirements.
- Champion efforts to comply with all safety, quality and operational documentation (e.g. TPM) requirements and practices.
- Deliver communications to non-exempt team members, across all shifts, so as to ensure the team’s achievement of Quality, Cost, Delivery, Safety and Talent objectives.
- Manage the performance of non-exempt team members, to include:
o writing and delivering performance appraisals
o administering disciplinary action when warranted
o providing positive recognition when warranted
o liaising with Human Resources to ensure consistency in administration and compliance with Company policies.
o focusing on the development of high potential employees.
- Manage /coach/mentor/develop non-exempt team members to encourage and support a high performance work culture.
- Ensure all employees are provided with proper training and development. Monitor and drive timely e3 training completion.
- Manage non-exempt timekeeping and monitor employee attendance (e.g., start time, breaks, etc.) via KRONOS. Manage employee vacation schedules and coordinate production schedules around quarterly meetings, planned vacation, etc. to ensure customer needs will be met.
- Monitor and ensure proper staffing levels are maintained and produce contingency plans for coverage in times of high volume, heavy employee vacation periods, etc. When needed, this will include directing the work of any assigned temporary staff and other associated responsibilities.
- Ensure the effective delivery of periodic business performance reviews (a.k.a. “Board Reviews).
- Actively participate in and act as “point of contact” for all Environmental Health & Safety related matters.
- Lead 5S efforts as they relate to the team and work space.
- Participate in problem-solving and implementing process improvements including lean-related initiatives.
- Ensure the efficient use of materials/supplies.
- Provide plant/cell representation if assigned to off-shifts.
- Foster relationships with internal customers (CQR, OPS-QA, Finance, HR, IT, DSTB, etc.) to gain perspective and effectiveness when dealing with Operations issues.
- Production Team leader in OPS-QA will have responsibility for final inspection, receiving inspection, raw material inspection, and batch release functions.
- Production Team Leader in Office Services will:
o Oversee all operations-related job functions, which includes but not limited to archival management, business equipment contracts, central receiving, inbound and outbound shipments, invoice and statement mailings and reprographics/media production.
o Provide all operation-related services a) Archival Management, b) Business Equipment contracts c) Process Inbound and Outbound Shipments including Central Receiving d) Process Invoice and Statement mailings for Ortho and Spine division, and e) Run our Reprographics business.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent relevant work experience
- 5+ years of manufacturing experience or equivalent leadership experience in lieu of manufacturing
- 2+ years of prior direct people management or equivalent supervisory experience is required, preferably within a factory- focused environment or 1+ years in a lead role
- Demonstrated ability to drive team productivity, while maintaining high levels of quality, employee engagement and morale
- Demonstrated leadership and interpersonal skills, with the ability to teach and coach individuals from diverse backgrounds with varying communication and technical skills. Must be able to adapt to and coach others in an ever-changing environment.
- Demonstrated analytical skills with problem-solving and process improvement orientation
- Prefer knowledge of Lean tools (i.e., Six Sigma, Visual, Value Stream Mgmt) Prefer supervisory experience in a Lean manufacturing environment
- Demonstrated communication (verbal and written), presentation, partnership and influence skills
- Must be challenged by a team-based environment which places a high degree of emphasis on accountability for customer service levels, inventory management, cost reduction and quality/GMP compliance
- Demonstrated proficiency in MS Software (including: Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, Access)
- Must be able to work with off-shifts, carry a cell phone and to work weekends when necessary
- For Production Team leaders in OPS-QA only:
o Demonstrated knowledge and application of mechanical inspection equipment such as CMM, comparator, micrometer, caliper, height gauge, etc.
o Demonstrated proficiency in blueprint reading/interpretation, including a thorough understanding of GD&T.
- For Production Team Leaders in Office Services only:
o Demonstrated organizational skills
o Demonstrated analytical skills with a high problem solving and process improvement orientation
o Demonstrated proficiency in Project Planning and Tracking
o Demonstrated presentation and communication skills
o Demonstrated Customer Service skills
o Prefer knowledge of Inbound and Outbound Shipping
- Without a Bachelor’s Degree:
o 8+ years of experience in increasingly higher levels of responsibility in a manufacturing environment along with the successful completion of a leadership development program.
- Must commit to or currently be in the process of obtaining a Bachelor’s degree in a related field
|Percent Travel Required:||< 10%|
Nearest Major Market: New Jersey
Job Segments: Industrial, Temporary, 3rd Shift, Lean Six Sigma, Manager, Manufacturing, Contract, Night, Management