Senior Advanced Sourcing Engineer Job
Date: Feb 11, 2014
Location: Fremont, CA, US
|Job Title:||Senior Advanced Sourcing Engineer|
|Business Unit:||North America|
|Business Sub Function:||Process Engineering|
|Job Description:||Essential Duties & Responsibilities:|
- Partner with Advanced Technology groups within R&D to ensure the best in class suppliers are considered and chosen during the new technology development process.
- Investigate, analyze and evaluate new suppliers needed to meet New Technology and Product Pipeline requirements when core competency does not exist internally or as part of global strategic supply base.
- Become supplier capability subject matter exert to support new technology and new product development pipeline.
- Support Operations build plan goals through assurance of supply after new product launch by performing capability analysis of suppliers prior to making sourcing decisions.
- Support RFQ creation process for New Products.
- Develop cost models to inform the Make vs. Buy process and sourcing decisions.
- Partner with Advanced Operations in the Make vs Buy process and ensure for ‘buy’ decisions that the optimal manufacturing process at our strategic supply base and location is selected to provide the highest quality at optimum cost.
- Leverage LCC supplier capability in make/buy decisions to maximise product gross margin’s at lunch and throughout Product Life Cycle.
- Support Strategic Sourcing goals by providing input on manufacturing systems, production controls, validation systems, capacity, and manufacturing cost at suppliers.
- Partner with Advanced Operations to support R&D and Marketing team goals by providing innovative solutions, attaining project timeline milestones, and executing flawless new product launch at suppliers.
- Minimize new product cost by simplifying the supply chain and improving operational efficiency and purchasing processes.
- Partner with suppliers and Advanced Operations to ensure the latest technological innovations are available to be incorporated into our product and process designs.
- Build trusting relationships with suppliers to facilitate partnerships and knowledge sharing.
- Build trusting relationships at middle management level within Stryker to support effective decision making.
- Participate in Process Design Reviews when necessary.
- Support product cost reduction and continuous improvement initiatives with new suppliers.
Qualifications and Work Experience Required
- 10+ years experience in supplier development, process development or related discipline.
- Demonstrated quantitative and analytical abilities.
- Demonstrated knowledge of procurement strategy and market drivers.
- Demonstrated knowledge and experience in contractual negotiations.
- Ability to see the big picture and translate this into operational objectives.
- Ability to plan, organize, and implement multiple concurrent tasks.
- Demonstrated problem solving skills.
- Demonstrated interpersonal, communication and presentation skills with an ability to overcome language, cultural barriers and to manage conflict and ambiguity.
- Demonstrated leadership, customer service, and negotiation, skills.
- Demonstrated proficiency in project management capabilities with the ability to lead and support several concurrent projects and develop strong relationship within cross-functional teams.
- Demonstrated experience in a variety of manufacturing processes.
- Ability to influence others through presentation of facts, analysis and conclusions or solutions in a manner that demonstrates command of the content
- Must be willing to travel to support supplier search, assessment and support activity.
- Must be able to generate, follow and explain detailed quality requirements and inspection procedures.
- Prefer demonstrated international experience through work placement or working with suppliers over an extended period.
- Prefer experience in a regulated environment.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, Visio, PowerPoint).
- Experience with SharePoint, Adobe Acrobat, InfoPath, and internet tools.
- Experience with computer-based project management tools (Microsoft Project)
- Ability to understand and interpret complicated design prints and GD&T
- Prefer demonstrated experience conducting design of experiments and process validation.
- Broad and in-depth knowledge of good manufacturing practices and industry standards.
- Demonstrated financial analysis capability.
Education and Special Training Required:
Masters Degree in business or engineering preferred.
Bachelor’s degree in a technical or business discipline with relevant experience.
|Percent Travel Required:||40%|
Nearest Major Market: San Francisco
Nearest Secondary Market: Oakland
Job Segments: R&D Engineer, Manufacturing Engineer, Engineer, Orthopedic, Medical, Engineering, Healthcare