Share this Job
Advanced Sourcing Engineer Job
Date: May 23, 2013
Location: Carrigtwohill, IE
|Job Title:||Advanced Sourcing Engineer|
|Business Unit:||Ireland Ops|
|Business Function:||Supply Chain / Logistics|
|Job Description:||• Partner with Advanced process technology development group within R&D to ensure the best in class suppliers are considered and chosen during the development process.|
• Partner with Advanced Operations to Investigate, analyse and evaluate new suppliers needed to meet New Product Pipeline requirements when core competency does not exist internally or as part of global strategic supply base.
• Become supplier capability subject matter expert to support new technology and new product development pipeline.
• Support Operations build plan goals through assurance of supply after new product launch by performing capability analysis of suppliers prior to making sourcing decisions.
• Support development of cost models in order to inform the Make vs. Buy process & sourcing decisions.
• Support RFQ creation process for New Products.
• Partner with Advanced Operations in the Make vs. Buy process and ensure for ‘buy’ decisions that the optimal manufacturing process at our strategic supply base and location is selected to provide the highest quality at optimum cost.
• Partner with Advanced Operations to support R&D and Marketing team goals by providing innovative solutions, attaining project timeline milestones, and executing flawless new product launch at suppliers.
• Minimize new product cost by simplifying the supply chain and improving operational efficiency and purchasing processes.
• Partner with suppliers and Advanced Operations to ensure the latest technological innovations are available to be incorporated into our product and process designs.
• Build trusting relationships with suppliers to facilitate partnerships and knowledge sharing.
• Participate in Process Design Reviews when necessary.
• Support product cost reduction and continuous improvement initiatives with new suppliers.
|Qualifications/Work Experience||A Bachelors or Masters Degree in an engineering discipline. Candidates with an appropriate technical qualification and significant relevant experience will be considered. Minimum 7 years experience in supplier development, process development or related discipline. Previous experience in a variety of manufacturing processes Ability to plan, organise, and implement multiple concurrent tasks. Excellent problem solving & analytical skills. Effective interpersonal, communication and presentation skills with an ability to overcome language and cultural barriers. Must be willing to travel as required to support supplier search, assessment and support activity - at least 40%.|
|Education||Must be able to generate, follow and explain detailed quality requirements and inspection procedures. Advanced working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, Visio, PowerPoint) Working knowledge of SharePoint, Adobe Acrobat, and internet tools. Experience with computer-based project management tools such as Microsoft Project. Ability to understand and interpret complicated design prints and GD&T. Broad and in-depth knowledge of good manufacturing practices and industry standards. Experience in negotiations with suppliers and in financial analysis desired.|
Job Segments: Logistics, Manufacturing Engineer, Developer, Engineer, Product Development, Operations, Engineering, Technology, Research
Find similar jobs: