Product Development Senior Process Engineer Job
Date: Apr 12, 2014
Location: Allendale, NJ, US
|Job Title:||Product Development Senior Process Engineer|
|Business Sub Function:|
|Job Description:||The Senior Process Engineer works with other engineers and managers, within Engineering and Cross Functionally, to identify opportunities for improvement and execute improvement initiatives. This includes but is not limited to driving CAPAs to closure, contributing to Quality and Regulatory initiatives, proposing process improvements, and enhancing processes and procedures. The Senior Process Engineer also may take on a leadership role on Corporate initiatives outside of the Spine Division, and/or represent Spine in cross divisional projects.|
- Interface with product development teams to improve process or product designs.
- Act as Independent Reviewer on technical files during Design Reviews.
- Create or enhance current Design Control procedures.
- Improve current processes within Engineering and across the division.
- Actively participate on cross-functional teams and lead initiatives as needed.
- Mentor engineers in best practices, industry trends, and other engineering skills.
- 5 to 10 years of product development experience, medical device or other highly regulated industry preferred.
- Receives a low level of supervision.
- Provides moderate strategic and moderate tactical input.
- Provides advanced engineering and/or quality oriented skills.
- Responsible for contributing to product and process integrity/reliability.
- Moderate project management skills.
- Very Good technical communication skills / good general communication skills. Ability to write clear and precise procedures and other process documents.
- Demonstrated competence in statistical techniques and other quality centric disciplines (6 Sigma, Process Value Mapping, etc).
- Familiarity with design controls within a regulated industry.
Bachelors degree in engineering or related discipline. Advanced degree preferred, Mechanical or Biomedical Engineering preferred.
|Percent Travel Required:||10%|
Nearest Major Market: New Jersey
Job Segments: Process Engineer, Engineer, Medical, Product Development, Law, Engineering, Healthcare, Research, Legal